With our new, revolutionary background editor you will be able to customize your background to your personal preferences. Become the inventive designer of your own website and create your personalized website design by uploading your images or choosing one or several photos from our high quality stock images. Then add them to your website’s background.
1. To start, click on the ‘Design’ tab.
2. Once you see the menu under the 'Design' tab, select 'Customize design'. Then choose the ‘Customize backgrounds' button:
3. Depending on the chosen theme, four boxes will appear.
Each of these boxes represent a specific area of the page.
By selecting the first option, you will be able to add a background to the header region of your web page.
The second option enables you to modify the whole background of your web page.
With the third option you will be able to customize the content region of your web page.
The fourth lets you add a background to the footer.
Click on one of the above to customize your web page background.
4. After selecting one of the aforementioned regions a customization window will pop up.
4.1 The ‘Add padding option’ offers you the possibility to add extra space to the margins of your website's page content. There are some themes that don’t contain a padding at the content field. These themes contain by default an ‘Add padding option.' If you leave the thick box checked, extra space will be added to the margins of your website's page content. If you untick the box, no space will be added between the margin of your page’s content and the elements contained in it.
5. In order to customize the background, click in the box or drop an image.
Select one from the already uploaded images or upload a new image.
6. The chosen image will appear as a wallpaper on your web page.
Two new options will appear on the top of the image: ‘Remove’ and ‘Change’. Use them when it’s necessary.
7. The positioning arrows will help you move the background image according to your preferences. Align it to left, right, up and down or center.
8. By ticking the option ‘Scroll background with site’ the image will be positioned in one certain spot. When scrolling down the page, the image remains still while you can move the content as you please.
The ‘Image Scaling’ effect makes it possible to adjust the background image to the web page.
There are six options to scale the images.
Full screen - Specifies that the background image should occupy the whole page background.
Fit - Will fit the uploaded image to the background size without cropping. Here you should use the positioning arrows to place the image according to your preferences.
Tile - Will multiply the uploaded image in order to fill in the whole web page.
Tile vertically - Will multiply the uploaded image. It will only place the image in vertical position. Here you should use the positioning arrows to place the image according to your preferences.
Tile horizontally - Will multiply the uploaded image. It will only place the image in horizontal position. Here you should use the positioning arrows to position the image according to your preferences.
Normal - Will keep your image in its original size. Here you should also use the positioning arrows to place the image according to your preferences.
You can also change the color of the background by adding a new color from the color picker palette.
Press the ‘Reset’ button, whenever you change your mind and want to restore the previous settings on the selected region of the page.
In order to restore the original design of the theme press the ‘Restore theme defaults’ button. By doing so, you will set the original/default design of the theme on each region of the site.